Booking a VA Compensation & Pension Evaluation
You CANNOT book a VA evaluation directly with Pathfinders Counseling & Consulting. Please contact the appropriate organizations to determine if you are eligible for such an evaluation (e.g., The Texas Veterans Commission, the local VA, etc.)
Forms ONLY for VA Compensation & Pension Evaluations
Do NOT fill out these forms for therapy appointments
- If you already have an appointment for a VA evaluation/re-evaluation with one of the providers at Pathfinders Counseling and Consulting, please complete the appropriate form:
- Your provider may have additional questionnaires for you upon arrival
What to Expect:
- The doctoral-level provider assigned to your case will review the questionnaire you complete, any psychological testing/screening measures, and your VA Claims file.
- An interview that will last approximately 30 - 90 minutes.
- The evaluation is NOT therapy. You can expect that the provider will ensure your safety, but will not engage in traditional therapy.
- Upon completion of the interview, the provider will submit the information from the evaluation to the VA.
What to Bring:
- A list of your current medications
- Any collateral information you believe needs to be a part of your claim that is not already in your record
- You can bring your spouse or other caregiver, if this appropriate for your case. If you have medical records that you want included in your Claims File, you need to ensure you give those files to the VA. Your provider can review during this evaluation, but the VA may not include them in their review if they are not submitted to them directly.
If you need to reschedule your VA Compensation & Pension appointment, you must contact the organization that booked you. The staff at Pathfinders Counseling & Consulting cannot reschedule your appointment to a different day. We can work with the organization and you to reschedule an appointment when absolutely necessary.