- If you are TRICARE Standard, you do not need a referral from your PCM prior to booking your first appointment. You will have a small co-pay.
- If you are TRICARE Prime and a dependent, you will need obtain a referral from your PCM prior to your first appointment if you intend to use TRICARE to pay for your visits. Call or email your PCM and ask him/her to include, at a minimum, the following statement in the consult: "Please refer patient to Dr. (INSERT ONE OF OUR PROVIDER'S NAMES HERE) for evaluation and treatment of SUSPECTED CONDITION (such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, eating disorder, etc.). Dr. Hughes' contact information: 8800 Village Dr., Suite 209, San Antonio, TX 78258. Phone: 210-202-0100, Fax: 210-579-9705." You may have a small co-pay.
* Our psychologists' names: Dr. Teresa Hughes, Ph.D.; Dr. Beatrice Chapa, Ph.D.; Dr. Jim Barrofio, Psy.D.
** If you are a combat veteran or the immediate family member of a combat veteran, whether or not you are enrolled in Tricare, we may have additional options available at no cost to you, please contact us for more information.
We specialize in the following military-related concerns:
- mTBI rehabilitation (check back often for a cutting edge computer based rehabilitation program that our clinic will be offering)
- Preparation for retirement/separation and transition into civilian life
- Career specific stressors
- Anger/Stress management
- Military family difficulties